- 1 small, firm apple, such as Honeycrisp
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 5-oz. bag baby spinach
- ½ cup hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 3 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. coarse ground mustard
- 1½ cups fresh cherries (about ½ lb.)
- Kosher salt
- ½ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil Carapelli Organic
STEP 1 Quarter and core the apple, but do not peel. Cut into paper-thin slices with a mandoline or knife.
STEP 2 Pit and halve the cherries.
STEP 3Toss the apple slices and cherries with the spinach, hazelnuts, and goat cheese in a large serving bowl.
STEP 4Whisk the vinegar and mustard together in a small bowl. Whisk in the Carapelli Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a slow stream until it thickens into a vinaigrette. Taste and add salt and pepper as needed.
STEP 5Toss the vinaigrette with the salad and serve immediately.